For my foreign visitors

For my foreign visitors: My blog is now only in Norwegian, please use Google translator for translation into your language.

torsdag 13. august 2009

Split nine patch rectangles

As you may have seen in my last post this is a technique I've used a lot.
It is very quick and easy sewing, and variation possibilities are truly many.

I have seen the pattern on several Internet sites and on one of these pages is called the technique Disappearing 9 Patch and referred to the Magic Pillows, Hidden Quilt by Karin Hellaby.
A while ago I purchased two packets of material pre-cut 5 "squares. On purchase I got a pattern by Eleanor Burns, which also describes this technique as the pattern called Tossed Nine-Patch.

All the pattern I have seen use squares, none of them use rectangels.

I have published part of this in the Norwegian Quilt Association's magazine. And now the magazine is out and I can show you others too.

This week I have really been sewn much, it was not the plan that I would sew the same technique every day, but as it was.

This is the block used in the tabel mats, cut size are 3 1/2 inch x 4 1/2 inch, 4 flower, 4 light, and 1 pink. This is for the nine patch block.



Cut the nine patch in 4 parts



Swap space on two of the blocks, at the top right with bottom left, or at the top left of the bottom left.

I have created a table that shows the size of the blocks,  based on the size of the pieces in the nine patch block. download table


Tabel mats, I have sewn 6  of these.  I have used two nine patch blocks in each table mats.



This is at baby quilt, I use the same size nine patch.  I used 9 nine patch blocks.  I love this butterfly fabric thats way I have a strip at the backs too.




One possibility is that one can have the rectangles as protrett or landscape. On the table runner I used rectangles as landscape. I have used 3.5 nines patch in the table runner. 


In this table mats that I have made 4 of, only one nine patch block in each table mats.

Sissel

6 kommentarer:

Sigrun sa...

Så masse flotte ting du har sydd denne uka. Sommerfuglstoffet er jo bare rålekkert! Jeg får nesten ikke sydd når jeg er på hytta hvordan får du til det? Jeg får ikke strukturert meg til å gjøre det:-).

Wenche sa...

Disse ble da skikkelig fine Sissel :) Har ikke sett denne varianten før.

Nancy in Norway sa...

Jøss så produktiv du har vært på hytta! Ser virkelig ut som du har kosa deg.

iltulipanoblu sa...

Thank you so much for sharing, Sissel.
Hugs

Sunshine and Rain sa...

Thank you, Sissel, for sharing this pattern, it is unique and you have made some lovely items.

I am going to make a table runner, hopefully this afternoon.

Anonym sa...

So aFter choosing the logo type that is most appropriate For your company, the next consiFeration is what woulF be the logo that woulF be appropriate For you? Right beFore you place ink [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/url]
paper or click your mouse [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]louis vuitton knolckoffs[/url]
start creating your sketch, you neeF [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/url]
Fo your research First. ConsiFer among other things what your company Foes, the image that woulF best Fescribe your proFucts anF services, as well as what your target clients are searhing For. The latter is very important.Unique Languages: AnF lastly, as an optional but ever increasingly critical characteristic, you might want [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]louis vuitton knolckoffs[/url]
check in case your brochure Features a area that has a Fiverse language. For the majority oF journey Festinations, there's always a sort oF travelers that the majority oF generally go [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]louis vuitton knolckoffs[/url]
their spot. One example is, a vacationer spot will surely have aFFitional Japanese visitors than most other reaFers, or even you've got aFFitional CanaFian shoppers rather than American.
|
|